On Tuesday 17th of September the noble and respected Imam of the Prophet’s Mosque, Sheikh Salah Al Budair lead the Eisha prayer in the community hall of Masjid At-Taqwa.
Hundreds of respected worshippers from neighbouring communities flocked to Masjid At-Taqwa to pray behind the famous Imam who had travelled from the holy city of Madinah for a short visit to the United Kingdom.
After the prayer, Sheikh Salah conducted a short lecture on the importance of Islamic character. The lecture was translated into Urdu by our resident scholar from Birmingham Shaikh Abdul-Hadi Al-Umri. The lecture was also summarised in English by fellow guest speaker Dr Ahmad Turkistani.
A short bullet point summary of the points covered include:
- If you cannot benefit someone dont bring him harm.
- Do not laugh at others and bring them down.
- Do not accuse others of what they did not do.
- Be of benefit to each other.
- Treat your brothers and sisters with respect.
- Protect the honour of your brothers and sisters through your speech and actions.
- If you see wrong being done to another, play your part to stop it.
- Everything is from Allah (God) we should supplicate and ask only from Allah. He answers all prayers.
In the Holy Quran, Allah says:
“And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, So let them respond to Me (by obedience) and believe in Me that they may be (rightly) guided” [2:186]